|Olga, the author of this post,|
lived in Cleveland for five years.
First, and most importantly, the food:
1. Aladdin's Eatery: Middle Eastern food and wine. Casual, but excellent! Prices are very reasonable too.
2. The Mad Greek Restaurant: Romantic Mediterranean restaurant.
3. Winking Lizard Tavern: 100+ different beers to try! If this isn't reason enough to try it out, the restaurant also has great steak and a live lizard (hence its name).
4. Pacific East: Japanese Restaurant. One of the liveliest and noisiest sushi bars I've ever been in. Excellent food selection!
Sightseeing and Entertainment:
1. Cleveland Orchestra: Very high quality performance, though a bit on the expensive side. It is one of the "Big Five" American Orchestras.
2. Great Lakes Science Center: Educational, fun and has an Omnimax theater!
3. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: A must for visitors and locals alike. The name speaks for itself.
4. The Cleveland Museum of Art: Houses a very impressive collection (more than 30,000 works of art) as well as ongoing exhibitions (from Europe, Asia, Africa, etc.).